Skip to main content

You may pay a parking ticket, request an in-person hearing, or contest/mitigate a parking ticket by written statement.

Contest - If you believe the ticket was issued in error, you may contest it. The City will have the burden of proving, by a preponderance of the evidence, that the infraction was committed. You may subpoena witnesses including the person who issued the notice of infraction. For questions and information on subpoenas, contact Municipal Court.

Mitigate - You admit you committed the parking violation; however, you want to explain the mitigating circumstances and are only asking the court for a reduced penalty. The court may allow payment arrangements and may reduce the penalty.

Written Statement Filings

By Mail
Spokane Municipal Court
Parking Violations
1100 W Mallon Avenue
Spokane, Washington 99260

Do not submit the form electronically at this time, please email the form. Save the written statement, using the following naming convention: Ticket # - Last Name - Statement to Contest or Mitigate. After you save your written statement, email the file to [email protected].

Questions and Information
Contact Municipal Court at 509-625-4409.